6.24.2008

Cell Phones

Okay, so I realize that I'm not the most techy person out there, by far. But I do have a cell phone, mostly in case of emergencies or for when we're traveling. I went to the phone service store today to downgrade my service level to a pay-as-you-go plan instead of my current plan which provides a lot more minutes than I need and is $30 a month. When I asked the employee about making the switch he looked at me like I was crazy! My old plan is cheaper than any of the plans they offer now and I wanted less? What kind of crazy lady am I? I know, I know, most people go into the stores to get more minutes or more lines or a new phone or whatever. I'm sure they don't see too many people asking for less. Finally the employee passed me off to the manager who was much less confused by my request and got my plan changed over, gave me a new phone (that I wasn't expecting), and even gave me his business card to call him if I had any problems. The manager gave me great customer service and I've got my new prepaid service plan all taken care of, which my hubby will be happy with. But am I really so crazy for not using my cell phone all the time? I guess so. So what does that make my husband since he doesn't have one at all? Maybe we still live in the dark ages when it comes to cell phones, but for now at least we're okay with that.

No comments: