7.07.2008

The Piles Begin

Today is Monday and we're leaving for our beach vacation on Friday. That means that this is the beginning of our piles of stuff to take with us. All over the house. The kids and I managed to get to Target this morning to procure good snacks for the car (and by good, I don't necessarily mean healthy), some more sunscreen, and new sunglasses for me (thanks, Kara). They both behaved really well and nobody even fussed at me to open any of the food immediately, which has typically been the case with previous experiences. All I've been saying all morning is "we're getting ready for the beach!" and it results in HUGE grins from both kids and lots of happiness. I wonder how long the joy will last this week, can I stretch it out for the next 4 days until we leave. I'm not sure. But we do have lots to do and lots of errands to run in preparation, including the library to get some new books and (best of all) new videos for the car ride. Thank goodness for portable dvd players! A few years ago I'm not sure I was a supporter of the concept, and I still choose not to use one on a daily basis, but for long car rides they are the best! What a sanity saver for the adults. For now John and Kara are young enough that they will be perfectly happy to watch the same video, but I do forsee a need for 2 separate players with headsets later on. Because there is no way we're giving up the joy of the dvd player!!

And now all I can say is "we're getting ready for the beach! Yahooooo!!!!"

No comments: