4.26.2009

Our Easy Week? Not!

Okay, so I thought (mistakenly) that this past week would be a light week for us. We were between swimming class sessions, which is a 2 time a week activity; I thought I might not have to work at the preschool; and I finished up several bigger projects that I was working on for my old employer. It turned out that the weather was pretty good, so we spent large parts of our days outside, playing and exploring. We had a few errands to run, but were mostly free of actual time commitments. Then it turned out I also had to work at the preschool on Thursday and Friday afternoons, which I don't mind because it is lots of fun, but it is a day that I don't get to putter at home during school. Thursday I got to work at the science table and helped the kids dig at a decaying log in search of bugs and worms. So much fun! The week was pretty much non-stop, which I guess I really should have been able to predict. It seems anymore that unless one (or more) of us is sick, we are just on the go, all the time. It's good for all of us, but it is also pretty exhausting! And doesn't leave much time for blogging. ;-)

We'll start swimming again this week for John. We have one more Little Bits class for Kara. And we have our playgroup one morning as well. It's shaping up to be another busy week ahead. But again the weather is supposed to be pretty good, and that means lots of time outdoors with friends. Good for all! My attitude just feels better when we've had a day that has been spent mostly outside exploring and playing with our friends.

Yesterday afternoon we attended the preschool's family spring picnic. It was a very hot day -over 90 degrees! But the turnout was great and no one seemed bothered by the heat. The kids ran around for 3 hours straight and played so well with their friends. The food was good and we were all wiped out by the end. We came home, did a quick bath for the kids (to wipe off all the sweat!) and then straight to bed (after drinking a fair amount of water). It was a great day for everyone who could make it and reminded me about all the fun activities of warmer weather days. It felt more like summer than it usually does in April. I even had to dig in a box to find a pair of shorts to wear. But the picnic was definitely a success. A great family time for all.

No comments: