4.03.2013

Choices, so many choices

So I am in the midst of feeling like my life is ready for some change.  We have a whole lot of activities and events coming up, so I'm not sure right now is when I can make much happen for myself in terms of change.  For now I'm really just hoping to get back on track with my diet and exercise habits.  That will be a good start.

But I feel like I'm ready for a bigger change.  Maybe I'm looking for a career opportunity.  Maybe I just need to feel like I'm gearing up for a career opportunity.  I do think I really need to find something that rewards and challenges me, that is mine alone, and doesn't involve the kids.  I'm just not sure what that might be right now.

Maybe I could become a math teacher?  Maybe I could become an editor?  Maybe I could go back to working at a rec center?  Maybe I could work at a preschool?  Maybe I could look for a staff position at a local school?  Maybe I could become a school counselor?  Maybe I could find some outlet involving writing?  Maybe I could work in my love of cooking, yoga, or pets?  Options are endless, and often overwhelming.

In the past when I've been faced with these sorts of overwhelming choices, I'm not sure I've made the best choices for myself.  Thus adding extra pressure to my situation now.  I feel like I'm at a bit of a crossroads to the next phase of my life and I've got no idea which direction to go or how on earth to get there.  Add in the requirements that I have for a career - supreme flexibility due to the kids, accommodating our crazy schedule, and understanding that I have been out of the workforce for almost 10 years.  Umm, yeah.  Good luck with that.

I am feeling more and more like the time is coming for me to pick a path and make some changes.  I just don't quite see the path ahead very clearly yet.  I'm hoping it will become clearer soon, as it is weighing heavily on me lately.  Increasing the blog posts has helped, so hopefully I will continue to use this as a release.  I hope you don't mind.  :-)

No comments: