11.14.2008

Tis the Season

So we have had an extremely yucky week here for weather. It's been rainy and dreary all week long and the kids and I are totally victims of cabin fever. I've done my best not to resort to using the television too much, but there's only so much I can do before I must submit to the demands so that I can get some housework done without listening to them whine or fight. We've watched a little bit of Sesame Street, a few Scooby Doo episodes, and a little bit of Playhouse Disney. But, for the second time this week, today John requested "The Polar Express." We own the movie (one of the very few that we actually own), and he absolutely loves it. This is the first year he's actually called it by its true name, previously he referred to it as the "Magic Train." Anyway, his love of all things train definitely includes this movie. And I'm okay with that, because it totally is a fabulous movie. Who doesn't love Tom Hanks in all his many roles? Anyway, after a long week (including 2 swim lessons, Little Bits for Kara, babysitting, working at the preschool 2 days, and other errands/housework), I have succumbed to the tv. I feel a bit guilty, but it is Friday and we're all pretty tired. I would rather have them happily watching a great movie together than hear them fighting and bickering and having to play referee. I don't have the energy left to do that today. So, our exhaustion and the rain overcomes my guilt. Maybe next week it will stop raining and we can get back outside. For now, Merry Christmas everyone (at least to all those who truly believe)!

No comments: