6.17.2009

Rainy Day Memory

This morning my father-in-law provided me with a little break and took John for the morning (thank you Grandpa!!). I took advantage of just having one child and went out to run a bunch of errands, even in the rain it's easier with one kid! Anyway, as Kara and I were driving around I remembered a funny day a few years ago with John. He must have been about Kara's age now, maybe a bit older. We were in the car and we started telling jokes. I remembered an old classic knock knock joke.

Me: Knock Knock
John: Who's there?
Me: Banana
John: Banana Who?
Me: Knock Knock
John: Who's there?
Me: Banana
John: Banana Who?
Me: Knock Knock
John: Who's there?
Me: Orange
John: Orange Who?
Me: Orange you glad I didn't say Banana???

We must have done the joke 10 times over and he was laughing hysterically. The best part was that I was laughing too, even though I'd heard the joke so many times before, mostly due to his cute little voice and the inflection he gave it when he said "Banana Who?" The "Who" part went up about 4 notches in pitch to make this funny little question when he said it. I couldn't stop laughing at how cute it was and he couldn't stop laughing because he just thought the joke was so funny. It was a great day.

No comments: