9.23.2008

Recipe - Swiss Chard Patties

Okay, so I'm going to post this one sooner rather than later. Partly because I have some time today during preschool and nap to do it, and partly because it is nearing the end of swiss chard season and for anyone who might want to try the recipe, it's time to do it! So get cooking and see what your kids might think!

Swiss Chard Patties
2 c. swiss chard (about 5-6 stalks)
1/2 c. bread crumbs
1/4 c. parmesan cheese
a little diced onion
1 egg, slightly beaten
salt and pepper
1/4 c. olive or salad oil

Microwave the swiss chard with a little water for about 3-4 minutes, until limp. Drain and chop the chard. Mix in the other ingredients, except the oil. Make small patties (about 5 or so) and fry in the oil until crisp.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now, that I have the recipe I have no excuse to not make them. We'll see if my kids are still excited to try them!