9.25.2008

Facebook

How did Facebook become such a time-suck in my life? For a long time I was almost proud of my lack of recent internet savvy - I didn't have or read a blog, I don't own an iPod, Matt and I together have one cell phone, and I had never checked out Facebook. Now, I have the blog (obviously) and I am connected on Facebook. Granted, I still only have like 20 friends on my page, but a bunch of them are people I haven't heard from since high school. Wierd! I know a few people who got sucked into Facebook and they all told me it could be addictive and would lead to spending a lot of time on it. I don't think I've spent as much as many people do (or I might have more than the 20 friends), but I have spent more time there than at any other website lately. How strange for me? I do think Facebook is an interesting phenomenon, but I hope it never takes over my life. Well, I guess with the kids around, they'll be sure to keep my Facebook habit in check! ;-)

No comments: