10.09.2008

Potty Training Already?

So Kara's recently had an increased interest in the training potty we have in the kids' bathroom. All of a sudden she's decided that it's time for her to use it. She's done both #1 and #2 in it, often using it multiple times during the day. It's been a complete surprise to me and I'm not quite sure how to approach it. Of course I'm supportive and offer lots of praise when she completes her task. She's just thrilled with her ability to do it. But I'm skeptical that she's really ready to go much further with the potty training process. I'm not sure she's really able to consistently recognize the need BEFORE she's got to go. And I'm mainly not sure I'm ready to find every public bathroom in every store we go into again. John's finally old enough that he doesn't need to go every 10 minutes. If I go ahead with her now, I suspect that her ability to hold it will be pretty limited. I guess it's mainly the inconvenience that comes with having a toddler who is potty training and I'm just not ready for it. But I do know that it's coming and probably sooner than I'll be ready for it.

Just like how she climbed up the ladder at the playground for the first time this week with no assistance! It feels like she's running ahead of me to do these things and I'm having a hard time keeping up! I guess I'd better get used to that feeling. ;-)

No comments: