1.28.2009

Feeling like a sick, claustrophic germaphobe

Well, today is yet another sick/snow day here. The snow storm gave way to ice and rain today and thus school has been cancelled. Major bummer. I NEEDED John to have school today, desperately. Matt has after-work plans tonight with a friend, so it starts out as a long day for me. Add in no school for John and no little kids class for Kara (due to the pneumonia and the snow/ice day). And then add in the cold brewing in my chest that I woke up to find this morning. Then consider that we have, for the most part, been cooped up inside for days already. Makes for a not very happy mommy and some rambunctious kids. We can't invite other kids over to play because Kara still had a bit of fever last night. Can't go outside in the ice. I guess today will be filled with lots of games of Sorry!, some tv (although the kids are pretty bored with that option by now), maybe some reading, and me trying to figure out how to keep them occupied while I get some rest...or if that's even possible.

So now I'm just feeling claustrophobic or sick of my house and also just tired of someone in our family being sick all the damn time. I can't stand the germs and yet, am baffled as to how we seem to breed them in our household. I'm not big on cleaning, I'll totally admit that. But I do what I have to do to keep the house clean most of the time. And then I'm big on washing hands with the kids. John still has a tendency to find a way to get a finger in his nose, so he gets the brunt of my hand washing efforts. And yet, we still have illness. I know, this time of year especially everyone is sick. But I'm tired of it. Can I veto the next four rounds of illness for our family? Please. No, well, I guess it didn't hurt to ask. I just hope this bug doesn't take me down for the next 10 days. Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: