2.26.2009

Rough Week

Well, it has been a seriously rough week for me. I had to work in the preschool classroom the last two days and it was crazy in there. You could just see the built up winter energy bouncing off the walls. Even kids that are usually so well-behaved were having trouble sitting still and listening and following directions. It gave me a new appreciation for preschool teachers everywhere. Then on Friday I'm hosting a coffee session for the mothers of the preschool class. Should be plenty of fun, but adds a lot to the workload of the week. Add to all this the fact that yet again we are plagued with drippy noses. John's got a hefty cough, which seems to be mostly limited to nights and early mornings, along with a stuffy nose. And Kara has a super snotty nose and is tired and cranky.

All this adds up to one very tired and overwhelmed Mommy. I've definitely been doing some stress-eating this week, since I haven't been able to take much of a break. I keep trying to remind myself not to do that, but it is one of my biggest vices. Cheese, chocolates, pretzels, and any other snack foods I can find. Today during preschool is my one real chance for a break, and I really should be doing some of the MANY things that need to happen before tomorrow. But I just can't seem to make myself do anything productive. I need to relax and slow down, even if it's just for a while. The other stuff will happen, not sure when, but it will happen.

I'm going to continue my relaxing session, and try not to feel too guilty about it. ;-)

No comments: