2.17.2009

Too long!

I just logged into Blogger and realized that Feb. 5 was my last post. Clearly it's been too long since I posted anything. Sorry about that! My biggest reason for that is that I have been sick. Mainly a really nasty head cold, that I thought turned into a sinus infection, but my doctor wasn't sure. Anyway, I am now finally starting to feel a bit better, still kind of run down, but better. Of course, after almost 3 weeks of being sick, now Matt is down with the cold. :-( The kids are both healthy, for today at least. We'll see how long that lasts though.

We just returned from spending a long weekend in Bryce, VA, which is a small ski resort area just under 2 hours from here. We rented a big house with my parents and some good friends of our family and spent the weekend together. It was great. John was finally old enough to go snow-tubing for the first time. He loved it. And we did a bit of hiking, snow tubing, lots of eating, drinking, games, and toured a local potato chip factory (Route 11 Chips - they're awesome!). The kids enjoyed having so many adults around to entertain them. I appreciated all the extra help keeping them occupied while I was still recovering from being sick. We came home yesterday and we were all pretty exhausted.

Now I'm trying to find the energy to get the kids out with their bikes later today for some exercise. It will be good for them and for me, but I have to find the motivation! And then yoga tonight and a preschool board meeting tomorrow night.

Speaking of preschool, I dropped off the forms today for Kara to go to preschool next year. She will be going to the same school John has attended, which I love. She and I are both so excited for this. Technically with her October 3rd birthday, she misses the birthday cut-off of September 30th. But the advantage to returning to a school you know is that they're willing to bend a bit on that rule for us. Kara will be totally ready and it will give her a sense of doing something that her big brother has done. He'll be off to kindergarten next year, so we'll still have plenty of one-on-one time while he's gone. But having her in a 2-morning program in the fall, will also give me some Mommy-time! Yippeeee!!!!

Gotta run, I can hear that naptime is over for today. Hope you're all fairing well and may health be in your homes more than it's been around here!

No comments: